Posted on 4/12/17
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)—The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council are proud to announce the recipients of the 2017 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to contribute to their college education.
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Applications were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee and applicants were evaluated on essays, applications, letters of reference and current grades and activities.
Congratulations to the following 2017 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Joslyn Seals, Browning – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Katharine Sharp, DeKalb – attending the University of Missouri
- Brady Bothwell, Mooresville – attending the University of Missouri
- Hannah Boatright, Sedalia – attending the University of Missouri
- Seth Gibson, Norborne – attending the University of Missouri
- Abigail Bertz, Mayview – attending the University of Missouri
- Jacob Hoellering, California – attending the University of Missouri
“This program is an opportunity to invest in students that are going into the ag field and are knowledgeable and interested in the industry and where it is going,” said Missouri Corn Scholarship Chairman Matt Lambert of Brookfield. “Changes are occurring rapidly on the farm with new technologies. These scholarships help prepare the next generation of agriculture leaders.”
In addition to Lambert, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Jason Hull of Skidmore, Brian Lehman of Versailles and Allen Rowland of Dexter. This is the twenty-first year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture. Applications for the 2018 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online on or before Dec. 15, 2017.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Missouri Corn Growers Association