Posted on 4/17/18
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)–The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council are proud to announce the recipients of the 2018 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to contribute to their college education.
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Applications were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee and applicants were evaluated on essays, applications, letters of reference, current grades and activities.
Congratulations to the following 2018 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Emily Binder, Salisbury – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Denton Cole Diggins, Moundville – attending the University of Missouri
- Elizabeth Fahrmeier, Wellington – attending the University of Missouri
- Regan Ragsdale, Holliday – attending the University of Missouri
- Larna Schnitker, Middletown – attending the University of Missouri
- Hannah Strain, Rolla – attending the University of Missouri
- Jane Zuroweste, Truxton – attending the University of Missouri
“This program allows us to encourage and develop future leaders in agriculture,” said Missouri Corn Scholarship Chairman Brian Lehman of Versailles. “These recipients have an established interest in agriculture and by providing a little assistance now, we are investing in their future. We look forward to working with them this year and down the road as they return their talents to the agriculture and corn industries.”
In addition to Lehman, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Jason Hull of Skidmore, Dylan Rosier of Mound City, Brent Hoerr of Palmyra and Allen Rowland of Dexter. This is the twenty-second year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture. Applications for the 2019 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online on or before Dec. 15, 2018.
- 30 -
Director of Communications
Missouri Corn Growers Association