Missouri Corn Scholarships
The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council award student scholarships each year to deserving college juniors and high school seniors.
Applications for the 2015 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be posted no later than Dec. 15, 2014.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Missouri Corn Scholarship Program — 2014 Winners
Missouri Corn awarded a total of $7,500 to deserving and outstanding students this year. Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2014 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Jonah Barry, Clarence – attending the University of Missouri
- Kayla Elson, Miami – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Morgan Riley, Bernie – attending Southeast Missouri State University
- Lindsey Gastler, Martinsburg – attending the University of Missouri
- Ethan Fordyce, Bethany – attending the University of Missouri
- Brandon Bothwell, Mooresville – attending the University of Missouri
- Stephen Schulte, Ravenwood – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Kaleb Harris, Laddonia – attending the University of Missouri
- Brittney McBride, Centralia – attending Missouri State University
- Drake Minear, Livonia – attending the University of Missouri