Missouri Corn Scholarships
This year, the Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council will award seven deserving college juniors and high school seniors $1000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Upon selection, all recipients must assist in staffing one of the following Missouri Corn events to complete the scholarship requirements: golf tournaments, clay shoots, fairs, conferences or other events designated by Missouri Corn. Applications for the 2020 program will be posted by Dec. 15, 2019.
Congratulations to the following 2019 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Andrew Kientzy, Silex – attending the University of Missouri
- Matthew Wilson, Clinton – attending the University of Missouri
- Matthew Morgan, Lamar – attending Crowder College
- Paige Wait, Moundville – attending Missouri State University
- Luke Triplett, Rutledge – attending the University of Missouri
- Marlena Long, Paris – attending the University of Missouri
- Jessica Janorschke, St. Joseph – attending the University of Missouri