Missouri Corn Scholarships
This year, the Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council will award seven deserving college juniors and high school seniors $1000 scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year.
Applications were due February 10, 2017. Recipients will be notified no later than April 15, 2017.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Upon selection, all recipients must assist in staffing one of the following Missouri Corn events to complete the scholarship requirements: golf tournaments, clay shoots, fairs, conferences or other events designated by Missouri Corn.
Missouri Corn Scholarship Program — 2016 Winners
Missouri Corn awarded a total of $7,000 to deserving and outstanding students this year. Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2016 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Kara Berrey, Carrollton – attending Missouri State University
- D. Cole Diggins, Moundville – attending the University of Missouri
- Nora Faris, Concordia – attending the University of Missouri
- Katelyn Galloway, Brookfield – attending North Central Missouri College
- Derrek Hardy, Browning – attending the University of Missouri
- Logan Korff, Norborne – attending the University of Missouri
- Charles Raasch, Liberty – attending the University of Missouri