Missouri Corn Scholarships
This year, the Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council will award seven deserving college juniors and high school seniors $1,000 scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year.
Congratulations to the following 2017 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Joslyn Seals, Browning – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Katharine Sharp, DeKalb – attending the University of Missouri
- Brady Bothwell, Mooresville – attending the University of Missouri
- Hannah Boatright, Sedalia – attending the University of Missouri
- Seth Gibson, Norborne – attending the University of Missouri
- Abigail Bertz, Mayview – attending the University of Missouri
- Jacob Hoellering, California – attending the University of Missouri
Applications for the 2018 program will be posted on or before Dec. 15, 2017.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Upon selection, all recipients must assist in staffing one of the following Missouri Corn events to complete the scholarship requirements: golf tournaments, clay shoots, fairs, conferences or other events designated by Missouri Corn.