Missouri Corn Scholarships
This year, the Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council will award $1000 scholarships to a total of seven deserving college juniors and high school seniors for the 2015-2016 school year. Recipients will be announced by April 15, 2015. Applications for the 2016 program will be posted no later than Dec. 15, 2015.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Upon selection, all recipients must assist in staffing one of the following Missouri Corn events to complete the scholarship requirements: golf tournaments, clay shoots, fairs, conferences or other events designated by Missouri Corn.
Missouri Corn Scholarship Program — 2015 Winners
Missouri Corn awarded a total of $7,000 to deserving and outstanding students this year. Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2015 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Dane Brammer, Gallatin – attending the University of Missouri
- Anthony Weydert, Glasgow – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Jacob Beauchamp, Macon – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Brant Francis, Paris – attending the University of Missouri
- Levi Banner, Wellington – attending the University of Missouri
- Clinton Smith, Warrensburg – attending the University of Central Missouri
- Zachary Aldrich, Neosho – attending Missouri State University